Do "HD-SMS" each time you get in the driver's seat :
1. HANDBRAKE (check it's on, or the car might start rolling)
2. DOORS (are yours & your passengers' securely closed ?)
3. SEAT (adjust base, back, so arms & legs reach; and head)
4. MIRRORS (adjust inside / outside, to know what's behind)
5. SEATBELT (put it on, making sure it's snug and flat)
You may prefer to think "1-2-3" :
1. How do I keep people OUTSIDE safe while I get set up ?
2. How do I help myself easily use the controls INSIDE ?
3. How will I know what's around OUTSIDE when I move ?